THE KEY TO SUCCESS
THE KEY TO SUCCESS
1 min read
by Markey Motsinger @markeymotsinger
My mentor challenged me to ponder the question, “What is God trying to teach me?”.
So God, what are you wanting me to see?
I. I let others’ opinions of me become my truths, even when I don’t believe their opinion is right.
2. I am still a people pleaser at heart. I long for man’s approval.
3. I don’t address issues; I withdraw to protect myself. This makes me feel walked on.
4. I desire to appear put together.
5. My self-confidence and blunt statements can come across as prideful. Even when the heart behind the comments isn’t prideful, it doesn’t mean they don’t come across prideful.
6. I don’t give the impression that I’m open to other people’s different opinions.
Now, how do you want me to grow in each of these areas?
1. I need to take more time to know how I feel about things.
2. I need to be more aware of when I change my behavior to please people around me.
3. Slowly, I need to address the issues that are hindering my relationships with other people. I want to learn how to call people up and not out.
4. I don’t want to feel like I have it all together in front of others. I am sure I will learn that people like me more when I don’t appear to have it all together.
5. I want to be more aware of who I am talking to and their personality. Then let God direct my words so they hear the heart of what I’m saying.
6. I want to learn to listen more than I talk.
This is so important to growing. The more self-aware you are the more you know what is healthy and what is not.
Some of my favorite self-awareness tools are:
Self-awareness is a lifelong journey of learning our identity in Christ, being comfortable with that identity, and maximizing it to it’s fullest potential. No matter how old or young, there is always more God wants to show us. Let’s lean into knowing ourselves better!
Want to read read my journal but don't have time to come back?
Subscribe and I will send them to you! Subscribe and I will send them to you!
Binge The Latest Posts